A long list of supporters for Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump was released this week, revealing that many academics, artists and businessmen support his campaign for President of the United States.
The list, published by George Mason Law Professor F.H. Buckley, includes over 100 academics notable to their fields, but the most notable names are:
- Peter Thiel, Co-founder of PayPal
- Thomas E. Brennan, Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Michigan
- Lionel Chetwynd, Oscar- and Emmy-nominated producer, director and screenwriter (“Miracle on Ice” and “Hanoi Hiton”)
- Bill Bennett, former Secretary of Education, author of “America: The Last, Best Hope”
- Michael Doran, Former Senior Director of the National Security Council
- Neal B. Freeman, Peabody Award-winning television producer
- Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the House
- Michael Ledeen, Co-author of NY Times best-seller “Field of Fight”
- Frank Price, Former CEO Columbia Pictures and Universal Pictures
- Lisa Schiffren, Former White House speechwriter
- Lawrence Kudlow, Co-author of “JFK and the Reagan Revolution: A Secret History of American Prosperity”
Buckley said he began emailing members of the academic community about 10 days ago, and the list took on a life of its own.
“(It) puts the lie to the claim that he has no support amongst the scholarly community,” he said. “What we’ve seen are ad hominem attacks against him, and a sad unwillingness to examine the ideas behind his campaign.”
To date, many of the people that appear on the list have not yet given their public endorsement of Trump. The entire list can be found here.
Update: A website with all the names has since appeared.